Nothing exciting to report on the online dating front. I have continued communication with the second guy (who I'm going to call Barbados Man because he says he'd like to own a home there one day). We've exchanged must haves and can't stands and there are no dealbreakers there. I've sent the second lot of questions to him.
I have some questions to answer from Scarf Guy. The answers are free text rather than multiple choice and I need to take some time to think about my answers, but have not really been in the right mood this weekend. I will see if I can get them done tomorrow evening.
I felt a little sad yesterday evening. I spent the day with T and her mum, lunching, drinking wine, mooching and doing a little shopping. It was a fun day and when I arrived home alone to an empty house I felt a bit sad at the prospect of the rest of the evening. I found it rather odd as I do like (and need) time spent alone and enjoy my own company and being able to do exactly what I want. I think if I had spent the day alone I would have been perfectly ok about being alone for the evening too. I guess it was just the contrast between a fun, busy day and a quiet evening which affected me. Anyway I've felt fine today.
Ok, the third topic for this post is the main reason I am writing this evening. I have a statcounter on my blog and can log in and see some details of who is visiting the site - ISP, country, what web browser they have etc. The same visitors seem to pop up quite regularly and I've been wondering about you all - who are you, why do you read the blog. Of course I know who some of you are from your comments (and I really enjoy the interaction we have and very much appreciate your advice, suggestions and support) but the rest I have no idea about.
I'd love to hear from you - drop me a line at whenyouleastexpect@gmail.com.
3 comments:
i'm glad that all is good on the online dating front. try to maybe work up to the meeting up stage 'coz you can tell real fast from a face to face meeting if there is anything possible.
and yeah i sometimes get a lil down too if i had a contrasting day like a really fun busy time with friends and then having to feel alone.
well i suppose you "know" me from my comments. and i read your blog 'coz i like what you have to say and i can relate to it.
Hi!
Thanks for your comment on my blog - glad to know that I struck a chord and I'm not the only one worrying about those things.
Have you found any particular web-dating site any good? I'm thinking about it, but so many of them seem to be pretty awful, and as for the 'matches' they come up with...
LWI
It appears in my last comment I managed to paste all the other comments as well as mine so here's another go. All I wanted to do was correct a spelling error...
Hi LWI,
I signed up for eharmony for my first venture into online dating, and my experience of it is mixed so far. I am getting quite a lot of matches. A good number have had interesting profiles and a not bad photo and I've contacted all of those. However only one has responded. The rest have either "closed the match" in eharmony speak, which is fair enough if they're not interested in me, or have not responded in any way. Whether the lack of response is because they aren't fully paid up members or they're not logging in or something else I don't know. Two guys have made contact with me. I have had some awful matches too, but enough good ones to make up for it, they just don't respond much.
I know a couple of people who have tried free sites like plentyoffish.com (or it might be .co.uk). People seem more willing to respond on those but but both my friends have had to wade through a lot of people to find someone decent
Post a Comment