I just checked my eharmony account as I had an email to tell me I had received a communication, and I just had to smile at what I found. I have got as far as open ended questions with one of the guys I contacted last weekend. He has just sent me his, the last of which is:
Why did you join eHarmony?
So who dares me to answer that with "Because I am a socially inept, unconfident misfit who has been unable to find a boyfriend despite being nearly 36"? Honesty is after all the best policy, and the truth will out in the end.
It appears I am feeling somewhat more blase about the whole thing since I cancelled my subscription.
5 comments:
So...are you going to respond with that?
A part of me can't help but wonder...say you wrote that -- the honest truth of what you believe to be true -- and say he wrote back and still wanted to get to know you anyway? Isn't that a guy worth getting to know? And besides, what is there to lose?
well i guess you could always try to pad the truth up a lil... so what did you answer? or did you even answer at all?
Do it! Do it! Do it! He could turn out to be just like that, too!
Well you won't be surprised to hear that I haven't replied at all yet, but I am still seriously tempted. There's no embarrassment, as I don't know him in person and don't have to unless I want to, I do have nothing to lose, the worst that can happen is he stops communicating.
It really would be interesting to see how he reacts. And if he wrote back, he certainly would be worth getting to know.
Wow that's pretty brave. But I guess you have nothing to lose right? It will be interesting to see his response.
Post a Comment