Saturday, 10 April 2010

Well, he still sounds interesting

I sent the email. I tried not to make it too long and rambling, gave a bit of information about myself and talked about my plans for Easter. He replied within a day or two and I found that an major interest of mine which I'd mentioned in my email is something he shares. He seems a normal, nice guy with a sense of humour and I still find him interesting, which is good.

I wonder whether I should try to meet him in person soon. I do think I spent too long emailing Scarf Guy instead of meeting him, partly as I wasn't overly interested, and partly due to fear of going on a date. There's only so much you can learn about someone from an email though, and it could take weeks for me to find that actually, we aren't that suited. If I'm still interested after his next message (assuming he replies) and if he doesn't mention meeting in person, I may force myself to be exceedingly brave and suggest it myself.

2 comments:

Ecrivain said...

Yes! Be brave and suggest it yourself if he writes back again.

I can only speak from my own experience, but at some point, you've just really got to push yourself right out of your comfort zone in order to get into the dating game...and I hate to call it a game, but that's how it feels.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained, I'm afraid.

girl_friday said...

Oh, the dreaded "plus one". How I loathe that little, blighty box. What's worse is when you are invited to events and they no longer ask if you are bringing anyone. :(

Thanks for the post. Good luck on making contact in person. Tough as hell, but you have to know if there's something there in person. :)