Nothing major to report, but I am finding the situation with Shy Guy very frustrating. He continues to call out to attract my attention when I pass his office, he is still smiley whenever I see him, and he is still asking me questions and remembering everything I say. He replies to my texts quickly, he is texting me fairly regularly in the evenings, often using the flimsiest of pretexts, and is teasing me a fair bit.
There have been some little incidents. I was a little freaked out (but pleased) a couple of weeks ago when I was in his office helping him with a piece of work. As we waited for a programme to load on his PC, he suddenly asked if I had smelt his new cologne. I said no, and it was obvious that he was inviting/asking me to smell him. So I leaned towards his neck and smelled him, and told him it smelt good.
Last week we were talking about some annoying things that have been going on work and he said something like we should go out and drink wine. Stupidly instead of saying yes we should in the hope of prompting him to invite me for a drink, nervous, shy me laughed it off and just made a comment about maybe gin was needed instead. I did text him that evening to say I thought we should definitely go and drink wine sometime, and he replied saying we definitely need wine soon. Not exactly the invite for a date I was hoping for.....
Then there was this week. I needed to work from a different desk for a couple of days so asked if I could use the other desk in his office. He, not surprisingly, said yes. On the first day it turned out I didn't need to use the desk after all, and he emailed asking if I was coming round. That evening he asked by text whether I was working in his office the following day. I did spend the whole of the next day working in his office (and actually got a lot of work done away from my phone and from people disturbing me) and we had some brief chats during the day. When I got home from work I found some bravery/confidence from somewhere and texted to thank him for the loan of his spare desk and to tell him that I enjoyed his company and that he smells nicer than my usual office colleague. He seemed flattered and said he enjoyed my company too and was glad he smelt nice :)
He's away from for a few days after today, so I attempted a little flirting face to face, rather than by text, and asked him in a teasing way what I was going to do without him while he's away. He laughed and made a comment about him being my main man.
Soooo, he is finding reasons to contact me and spend time with me (at least at work), he's laughing and smiling and teasing, he's complimenting me (about my work skills/knowledge as well as my company), he has mentioned going out for a drink. It feels as if he is interested, but he hasn't asked me out and I am still not sure whether he really is interested. I am so frustrated. Half of me just wants to ask him out myself so I'll know one way or the other, the other half thinks I should allow him to go at his own pace and if he is interested he will ask me out in his own time.
2 comments:
I feel like he is not interested, because he hasn't made any move to ask you out. Sorry to say, but I think men are pretty clear if they are interested. That said, he might change his mind in the future. At the moment it sounds like he likes you, but just as a friend.
Hi Rachel, thank you for the comment, and huge apologies it took so long to publish it - I didn't get a notification and haven't been checking for comments. As you will see from a subsequent post, we was interested, just a little shy, and so wasn't making it very clear.
Post a Comment