Saturday, 1 May 2010

Nothing to report

No news on the e-harmony front I'm afraid. I emailed him on the same day as my last blog post, he replied the next day. I'd mentioned that life was a bit busy at the moment but that it would be good to meet, he said that things were hectic for him too but he'd like to meet. So far so good.

I was away visiting my best friend last weekend, and he was out of the country. I meant to email him early this week, but have had a ridiculously busy time at work and haven't really been in in the right mood. I've turned on my laptop in the evenings but have tended to only have the energy to stare at the screen, rather than come up with something to write. I finally replied to him last night.

I feel bad for taking so long to do so, and part of me is thinking that I'm deliberately avoiding emailing so as to push a possible meeting further into the future. I know that is probably the worst thing I can do. I just need to arrange a date and get it over and done with. It can't be as bad as I am imagining, and once I've been on one date, hopefully my fear and nervousness will subside a little. I am away next weekend, but have told him that I am free the weekend after and also have some free evenings this week and next.

I'm still having fun with friends. My best friend and I went out to the big city last weekend, just the two of us, without her husband and children. We used to do that a fair bit when she was single, and it was long overdue. We both had great fun. E and A visited today and we did some exploring of the local area. I'm off to a wedding next weekend, which should be fun, but is also likely to remind me of my lack of relationship as I'll be one of the only guest without a "plus one".

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun you got to hang out with a pal in the big city. Back when I lived in a big city, I really wished I had that. Heck, I wish I had that now.

Good luck with the wedding, maybe you'll get seated at a table with people you like. I think it's fine to go stag to weddings, you have to act really confident though. Be cool!

Katya said...

I am lucky when it comes to friends. I don't have many of them, but the ones I have are really good friends.

I think once I'm settled in at the wedding and enjoying myself I'll be fine, it'll just be things like introducing myself to people and them expecting me to be with someone that will be a bit tough. I went alone to a wedding a couple of years ago and you're right acting confident helps :)

Paul107 said...

I have never got as far as a first date over the internet, either. I've chatted to guys, but couldn't bring myself to arrange a meet-up, I'm not sure why. I guess if you're not keen too, there's no point putting yourself through the stress of a first date. Maybe wait to find someone on there that you look forward to chatting to? Or do you think you'll feel this way with everyone, and just have to go for it?

Katya said...

I have a feeling I'm going to feel this with with everyone. I'm just so nervous about meeting anyone, that I think I'm making the emailing last as long a possible so I can delay actually meeting him in person. Not sure if that makes sense? I think I really just need to go for it. Easier said than done though!

girl_friday said...

Oh, procrastination, I know it well. However, I tend to play it all out in my head over and over, and it never goes as planned. Maybe there is something to just getting it over with? Looking forward to hearing more. :)